Saturday, December 23, 2006

A successful disaster

That's what the Christmas play was. Let's see... the cow was sick, the horse was sick, Mary was sick, one of the angels was sick, the inkeeper was sick, one of the wisemen barfed everywhere when we were getting all the kids dressed and ready to go, one of the wisemen was so bad that his dad came up on stage to yell at him, one of the camels ran offstage to her mom crying, one of the sheep did the same thing, one of the sheep just sat in the pasture area instead of going with the shepherds to Bethlehem, the star bawled through the whole play, Mike was supposed to come to do the closing comments and the prayer but Matthew got in an accident so he didn't come... BUT, the angel and the inkeeper got better enough to come to the play, one of the girls who came to preschool last year was able to fill in last minute for Mary, we just made do with only a dove in our stable, we cleaned up the barfing wiseman good enough, Kerwin did the closing comments instead of Mike and everything else just worked out. Of course it wasn't perfect, but it was fun. And the kids did a good job. They were so cute! I wish I had pictures to put on here. But I don't. But I asked for a digital camera for Christmas so maybe in the near future there will be pictures. If I can figure out how to get them on the computer. But I just don't get along with computers too good. So we'll just see how it all turns out. I'm at mom and dad's now. I got to leave right after the kids went to sleep. We only had 9 show up and it was just me and Louise. So I got home around 9:30. Much nicer than the times I've gotten in at 1:30. I look forward with great anticipation to sleeping in tomorrow. Good night!

3 comments:

megs said...

you have the best stories!! i can't wait until we're all old in the nursing home. ou're gonna be the coolest old person w/ the bestest stories. come see me since you're home will you?? i'll be home doing laundry all day tomorrow!! :D

Anonymous said...

awesome indeed

Anonymous said...

you are eating lunch with "my husband" and "my brother" thos afternoon....weird :)